Triple C Curriculum
Please review the CCFP “On the Triple C” 8 minute video, available on http://www.cfpc.ca/TripleCToolkit/ and the first three brief power point presentations listed under “presentations” starting with the one titled Triple C Competency-based Curriculum: A Brief Overview.
Follow link if unable to find:
Please review any additional tools or resources listed on the CCFP Triple C Toolkit site, as you feel necessary or desired for an enriched understanding of the Triple C curriculum.
Answer the following questions:
1. What do the three Cs refer to?
2. What new information did you learn?
3. Were you surprised to learn that the three Cs also apply to the educational experience for the resident? If so, does that change how you view your role as preceptor?
4. Did you find the definition of competence, “doing the right thing at the right time in the right way in complex situations” a helpful construct? Why?
5. Does understanding Triple C and the need to be comprehensive across skill dimensions and domains of competence help understand how to complete field notes in a more effective way?
6. Any final thoughts or comments about this exercise?
Step 3: Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org for credit. A PDF version of the instructions and questions can be found below.